The mission of the
NASW Alaska Chapter is to advance the profession of social work, address
the professional needs of a diverse membership and to facilitate change
which enhances quality of life
and promotes social justice.
NASW Alaska Chapter believes that:
- Each individual has inherent value.
- Every person has the right to live in a safe, productive environment.
- Social workers have a responsibility to individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities and society.
- Social workers must promote self-reliance and responsibility.
- Social work is hallmarked by professional education and practice wisdom.
- Diverse membership strengthens our organization.
We believe that the NASW Alaska Chapter, as an organization, has the obligation to expand and improve continuing professional education and professional development, and the responsibility to:
- Promote social justice
- Recognize and support diversity and build on the strengths of racial, ethnic and cultural diversity
- Promote and advance the standing of the social work profession.
- Respond to the professional needs of our members